Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dior Red Queen Satin!

Hello, my lovelies!

I hope your week is going well. I've got a gorgeous red to share with you today!

It's strange how one's opinions can change. A year or so ago I was a bit shocked at some prices for nail polish. It's just polish, right? A disposable product. Then I got my first Dior at a great price. And oh, my. Suddenly I understood why people pay more for the high-ends. They are my reward for especially difficult times at work! Dior is primo in formula excellence. (Some friends may argue it's Chanel but I don't have any to compare). Dior pretty much applies itself, it's so amazingly smooth. Dior uses the wider brushes, and though I have narrow fingers, it's just about perfect to cover them in one swipe. Warning, pic heavy!

Now, I've put myself on a pretty strict no buy (stop laughing!) and I did pretty well with it in August, and decided to give myself a small polish allowance this month, and see if I can stay within it. So far so good. Last week I saw the Very-Hard-To-Find Dior Red Queen Satin at a good price, so I went ahead and grabbed it. I know this is one of my friend Rachael's very favorite reds and such beauty I couldn't pass up.

Red Queen Satin is a true red with a red glass-fleck internal glow going on that I tried to capture. I used the macro lens to try and show you the true depth but the pics just don't do it justice. She is a real beauty with depth, and I wish I worked with people daily who could appreciate such things! This is two coats of Red Queen Satin (isn't that a luxurious name?) topped with Out The Door.














5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this one so much! Getting hypnotized looking into the depth of the color. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am going to have to find a bottle of this color, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to get this one! It's amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete