Friday, August 10, 2012

Julep Mischa!


Hello, my lovelies! 

How are you on this fabulous Friday? It’s mid-August and we’ve got heavy storms on the forecast. Which makes today’s color even more perfect! 

Today, I am sporting Julep Mischa, a “Cherry scarlet micro-shimmer”, according to Julep themselves. This color is slightly schizophrenic, it seems. In my natural light lit office, it almost looks pink-y. under the fluorescent lights of the hallway, they are fire-y red. And under  the yellow lights of the elevator, the look orange-y. I LOVE it! 

I have a number of Julep polishes but this is the first I’ve actually used, and it came in my July maven box. If all the formulas of Julep are this good, it’s going to be ranking right behind Zoya as my favorite brand. Smooth as silk application, 2 coats, super shimmery. Gorgeous! 

If you’re interested in becoming a maven, visit the Julep Maven page to take their style quiz. I’m American Beauty generally, but chose Boho Glam for July. I was reluctant to join one of these groups, where you pay $20 a month to get stuff and usually something else, but I went ahead and did it. Julep boxes usually contain 2 polishes and a third item. My July box had a coordinating lip gloss, and the August box had a bottle of their new polish remover. ANd they're wrapped up so prettily!

Big selling points for me were a) I can skip a month any time I want, b) I can cancel at any time, and c) the intro box was $.01. If you’re interested, you can use my referral link, and the code MAVENINTRO to sign up! I did skip August because all of the colors were metallics and since I have the Essie metallics, I skipped these. 

Now, onto the cherry red gorgeousness! It was brightly overcast outside, so I don't have sunlight/shade pics.






What do you think of Mischa? 

9 comments:

  1. That's a pretty red! Julep is way too hard to get in the UK, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That's an absolutely gorgeous colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color! Also, you have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Check it out here http://emily-nailtales.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award-d-i-am-so-excited.html Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty red - looks tomato-y on my screen. :)
    The Maven quiz...1) none of the options match you, and 2) I can't tell the difference between the options? (Therefore, I most definitely am not a maven of any kind. Plus, it won't tell you the results without email and that's a tiny bit irritating.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color!
    Also, I nominated you for a versatile blogger http://ohthreeohfour.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! And I'm having squared off nail envy because my fingers are too stubby to pull that off. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks, gals! Emily, and Dulcie, thank you so much! I need to put those posts together. Ruth, don't really fit the quiz either, but you can change the box every month. And skip months, which I did for August and September because I really didn't like the options. But I have to say, formula wise, these are truly superb. I think this one might be my favorite Julep!

    ReplyDelete