Friday, August 3, 2012

Water Marble Mayhem!


Hello, my lovelies! 

I’m calling today Water Marble Mayhem! Why? Because it is just not in the cards today for me to have a water marble. I had planned to submit this to Shelly’s Sassy Nails for the Sassy Saturday of this month, but…no. These just did NOT come out well.

I don’t know if I had the water temp wrong or what, but the skins kept forming super quickly, the polish wouldn’t spread, etc. I tried a few times before giving up, but here’s how it went. I didn’t even bother with clean up, I was so annoyed, lol! Waring, pic heavy!
Attempt number one is Sinful Colors Aquamarine (blue), Irish Green, Summer Peach (orange) and Neon Fusin (pink). I tried repeatedly with these but ugh. Just ugh. 



Second up we have some Zoyas. I thought maybe I’d switch polishes and that would solve the problem. Nope. Here is Zoya America, Rica and Arizona. 





At this point, I was highly irritated, so I opted for something simpler. Here is Zoya Arizona, a ‘softened bright citrus orange with a muted cream finish’. T o me, it looks like orange sherbet and I love it. It’s so squishy and pretty! I did 3 coats of this, the topped it with a single coat Zoya Rica, a ‘warm light coral with pink and orange tones and heavy gold metallic sparkle’. I *love* Zoya oranges, especially their glittersI have a bunch of them! 






The camera just did not catch the utter sparkly heaven of this polish. It is so high –shine and glittery that in the sunlight, it’s on fire! 

 What's on your nails today?

 

7 comments:

  1. I like all the colors, but I can how much trouble the marbles where. The last color is beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, the manicure didn't turn out well but you picked great color combos, especially the Zoya mix...it looks like a sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, your thumb, pinky and index finger came out pretty good with the Sinful Colors. And I do like the color combinations. I also like when you post things that don't come out well, along with all the awesome manis you do. It makes me feel better about my nail ineptness. *g*

    Love the Arizona and Rica on you. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water marble has made me it's bitch a few times :-P Also, just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster blog award.....go check it out on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award for new bloggers! You can my post at http://justanotherpolishaddiction.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like the polish was too thick or something. but great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ladies! I'm going to try again, with warmer water. I love those bright colors together! And thank you so muchfor nominating me for the Liebster award! I will have a post up for it soon!

    ReplyDelete