Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TIOT: Maisie Shine Villain


Hello, my lovelies! It's Try It On Tuesday! Organized by the lovely Jilltastic Nail Design, be sure  to pop over there to see other bloggers participating and what they're trying on!

Today I have another indie polish, by the same maker as last week’s Dragon’s Scales. This is Villain, and is it beautiful. 


The “indie” polish market has really exploded the last few years, with tons of new polish makers. Some of these, like Maisie Shine, are brilliant. As I mentioned last week, some polish makers aren’t so great, but Maisie Shine is one of the gems. 

And with my love for all things fairy tales, of course I had to pick up a few of the line! Today we have Villain. What do you expect when you hear Villain? Some dark, and mysterious? Well, that’s what I have for you. Villain is a black jelly base with silver and purple glitters, some small, some big and square. This produces a lovely dark and mysterious polish befitting its name! To get better coverage on the big glitter pieces I did some dabbing around to spread it out a bit. This is over bare nails, no top coat. I think over a black crème it would be even more gorgeous.

Shade:


  Sunlight: 





Stop by Maisie Shine’s shop on Etsy, and for more reviews, my good buddy over at My Indie Glam Addiction has a huge post up about Maisie Shine with reviews and swatches!

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good, I agree with a black base polish it would look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, gals! I am really enjoying Maisie Shine!

    ReplyDelete