Saturday, June 8, 2013

OPI Hot & Spicy!



Hello, my lovelies! After days of heavy rain from Tropical Storm Andrea, we finally have a gorgeous day of sunshine and cool temps. Alas, I am stuck inside, as I’m working today.

I’ve been getting a lot of spam in the comments so I set the comments to be approved before they published. Why don’t people have better things to do with their lives than spam people? It’s very irritating. But I don’t want to put the captcha (word verification) back on, so approval it is.

I was a bad girl this week and purchased the two Dior polishes I’ve been lusting for. I’ve never spent so much on two polishes but I consider my reward for all of the extra hard I’ve been putting in for four months! Of course, there are two more now that I want (Sunnies and Tie &Dye from the summer collection). I might get those next month, when we push past the finish line on this project. We’ll see if I think I’ve deserved it!


I don’t have great pics of them on because my camera’s macro setting is kinda lame. I have a new macro lens on order though for my phone, and that should allow me to get some really good pictures. The shimmer is so deep and lovely that I want the good lens to do it justice!

So, instead, I have a different mani I wore earlier in the week. OPI Hot & Spicy with Spoiled Shrimp on the Barbie and I<3NP Don’t Trample My Roses. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I’d be. I found Hot & Spicy to be very thick and not cooperative. I’m going to add some Seche Restore to it and see if it thins out a bit. So I thought some sparkle would help. Shrimp On the Barbie didn’t help much though, and just blended in. So I threw some glitter over it (glitter fixes everything!). Don’t Trample My Roses is a lovely mix of burgundy, pink and green glitters in a clear base. Unfortunately, I felt like the brightness of Hot & Spicy overpowered it, and dulled it down. And what’s up with the funky wrinkle on one nail?

 OPI Hot & Spicy with Spoiled Shrimp on the Barbie:



with I<3NP Don't Trample My Roses:
 


I’m trying to round off my tips just a little, and it seems to help with breakage, but I have a devil of a time getting them all the same curve!

For toes this week I’ve been wearing Sinful Colors Irish green, a wonderful bright green jelly! I’m so happy it’s sandal weather!

Tell me what you’re wearing on your fingers and toes this weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Love the color too bad the formula wasn't all that great. Again I don't have any nail polish on it just flakes off too easy for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I hope a little Restore will work on it. Aw, that just means you can change it more often! ;)

      Delete