Friday, July 27, 2012

BZZZZZZZ! It's busy bee time!


Hello, my lovelies! 

It’s a hot summer day, so I decided some bzzzzing bees were in order! I was surprised by how many bee manis were there out there, and I have a second one planned as well. They’re so cute!

The one I chose today is based on The Daily Nail’s, from 2010. I really liked the whimsy of the flight pattern in this. I spend a lot of time in the garden, so I deal with bees on a regular basis.
I love the spring honeybees, who are nonaggressive and busy with their pollinating job. The big old bumble bees that are cute and fuzzy looking, are the gentlest of the bunch. They just want to hover over the flowers. But those big, ugly, hornets ans wasp (including yellow jackets), stay away from them. They are the aggressive, mean and very painful stingers! Honeybees have been disappearing across the country in entire colonies, and this is worrisome. A lot of people don’t realize how reliant we are on honeybees for pollinating all kinds of crops across the country. Missing colonies is bad news for everyone!


Now that you’ve had your bee lesson for the day, onto the nail art! I started with two coats of Deborah Lippman Let’s Hear It For The Boy, a lovely light blue crème that was perfect for a spring sky. Two beautiful coats, and a coat of Seche Vite. The black is China Glaze Liquid Leather for the fliht pattern and basic shape of the bee. The yellow stripes are from Stripe Rite striping pen in bright yellow (no name), and then a couple dabs of Milani Fast Dry White on the Spot. This one took a while, waiting for each layer to dry but I think it’s cute! 

Shade:



Sunlight:




Stay tuned for the next bee mani! Have a bzzzzzzy weekend! ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! I really like this mani! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and now I have Flight of the Bumble Bee stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! LOL, Jen! I'll have another bee mani later this week!

    ReplyDelete