Monday, July 2, 2012

It's FLOAM!

or, Why I stalked the postman today.

Hello, my lovelies! 

I worked from home today because after that massive storm on Friday, there are still lots of power outages and several stoplights on my route to work were dark. This Amazon does not play well with stupid drivers, especially when they refuse to treat a dark stoplight as a 4 way stop. It’s best for all that I stay home!

So that meant I stalked the postman. All Day. Usually we get our mail around noon. Noon came and went. Then one o’clock. Then two o’clock. Then three o’clock. You get the picture. I keep opening the door and checking the box to see if maybe I missed the guy. Nope, nothing. Empty. Around five I start dinner. Still no box. 5:30. I check again. VOILA! You could hear the heavenly voices singing. I snatched up my packages and darted back inside (mainly to keep The Big Fluffy Dog from escaping). 


I saw “Ninja Polish” as the return address on one and ripped it open. At long last, Floam is MINE! I was lucky enough to get one of the email alerts last week when it restocked (but stupidly forgot about Humblebee –damn!). So now, I get to see what all the fuss over Floam is about. It is definitely a unique looking polish. Blue, green yellow, beads…interesting.



And then there was the beautiful little black box from Julep maven. This is my first post-intro box box. I had expected this on Friday, when lots of other bloggers started posting they got theirs. Alas, it was not to be. I checked the tracking feature, it hadn’t been updated in 3 days. Not good. (I think it was at the post office but with the massive power outages, didn’t get scanned in). 

So I opened it, and got the whiff of cinnamon I had read about. Atomic Fireballs were this month’s candy! And there was the coupon for a free polish, a little card with instructions on a fun frenchie with the two colors, my lip color (boxed) and my polishes (bubble wrapped all pretty-like). 

The Julep quiz has me as American Beauty, but I didn’t like the pale nudes for July. But the Boho Glam-when I saw all that fire coloring I had to switch it! And now these little beauties are mine. Plus, of course, the awesome America the Beautiful polish in honor of our Independence day on Wednesday. The Boho Glam Lip gloss is "Poppy", a 'peachy coral creme lip vernis'.

Julep’s website describes Mischa as ‘Cherry scarlet micro-shimmer’. Beautiful! And then there’s Georgia, ‘Golden coral micro-shimmer’. Now the amusing things about this name? Mischa Collins is an actor on “Supernatural”, one of my former favorite tv shows, and I lived in Georgia for about ten years, off and on. America the Beautiful, is ‘a shiny red with royal blue glitter and sterling silver stars’. I also ordered a couple of add-ons but I won’t list them here because they’re gifts. 

L-r, Lip gloss Poppy, America the Beautiful, Georgia, Mischa


L-r, Lip gloss Poppy, America the Beautiful, Georgia, Mischa


So that, my lovelies, is my nail haul for today, and what turned around a rather grumpy and crappy day. It just took until 5:30pm-ish to do it. ;)


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the America the Beautiful. I saw it on the site and it looked lovely. + Perfect for the 4th!

    :-) Enjoy! So glad they finally arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, Floam! I think it really does look like the mushy kid stuff. ;)
    And I'm really excited to see swatches of America the Beautiful - very intriguing description. I bet Mischa ends up really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the two middle colors best, can't wait to see what you'll do with all of them. Are you on nail polish number 3 yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, ladies! I hope to use them soon. I'll probably use America the Beautiful VERY soon, lol!

    ReplyDelete