Sunday, July 8, 2012

Refreshing blues!


Hello, my lovelies!

Time for some cooling blues! It’s so damn hot out, I needed something refreshing on my nails. So I thought a nice blue gradient would be perfect for today. This is only the third gradient I’ve ever done, but it looks pretty even to me. I was very pleased with the result!  

I started out painting the nails with Deborah Lippman Let’s Hear It For The Boy. This is a lovely light blue crème. Nice application, fully opaque in two coats and very smooth. I don’t normally buy DL’s because at $18-20 a pop, the miser in me screams in abject torture. But HSN periodically has duos or even trios of DL’s for really great prices. This one came with Dancing in the Sheets, a beautiful dark purply shimmer for $9.99. Can’t beat that! 


Next, I topped with Seche Vite. Then I sponged on a light to dark gradient of Let’s Hear It For The Boy with Sinful Colors Neptune, a lovely dark blue shimmer. I really love Sinful Colors. For a cheap drugstore brand, they apply and wear really well.

I had forgotten how messy gradients are! My fingers were a total mess after this. But once I was happy with the gradient, I added a thin layer of Sinful Colors Green Ocean, one of my favorite flakies EVER. I truly love the sparkle and shine of this baby over everything, even though the camera doesn’t catch it all. And I think it’s why the pics look like there’s little dots of bare nail…it’s actually the way the light is hitting the green in the flakie. Adding it over blue always reminds me of the Caribbean, and the gorgeous  see-through water. Two more coats of Seche Vite to dry, and we’re done! 

Sunshine:


Shade:




6 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you DO that?! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, gals! Dof8, I use The Nailsaurus' tutorial for all my gradients! http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2012/04/gradient-nails-picture-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is REALLY cool. You make me want to do my nails, and I hate doing my nails, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, I love hearing that sort of comment! :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete